The Worshipful Company of Pattenmakers is one of the historic Livery Companies of the City of London with its origins dating back to the 14th century.
Young Managers FM Award 2024
In recent years the Company has become the Livery home of the facilities management industry and of professionals from across the built environment sector in addition to its traditional membership from City institutions and the footwear industry.
The Company operates two Young Manager’s Award schemes which provide career development support to deserving young managers, including one each year from the facilities management and built environment sector. The successful candidate will be selected by a judging panel of senior members from the FM industry.
The Young Manager Award is increasingly popular with each year seeing a record number of entrants and enjoys support from across the FM and built environment sectors.
The winner of this prestigious award will receive expert support to create a varied and bespoke personal development programme including things like off-site courses and work placements designed to broaden their perspectives. The training programme will be developed in full consultation with the winner’s line manager or employer.
All those shortlisted and interviewed will be invited to attend with their line manager the Facilities Management and Built Environment Trade Dinner being held on 19th September 2023 at Haberdashers’ Hall. The winner of the 2024 Young Manager FM Award will be announced by email on Monday 25th September and presented The Freedom of the Company at the 2024 Trade Dinner.
The Award will be presented by the Lord Mayor of London at the Pattenmakers’ Annual Banquet, traditionally held at the Mansion House in January 2024, along with a financial bursary of £500 kindly donated by International Workplace. The winner will also have received the Freedom of the Company at the Trade Dinner with the opportunity to apply for the Freedom of the City of London at a later stage.
This is an ideal opportunity to encourage the development of enthusiastic and deserving young people within our industry, and you are invited to nominate one or more young managers from your organisation.
We are looking for someone who:
- Is enthusiastic about a career in FM or the built environment
- Can demonstrate their commitment to their own personal development
- Has potential for future promotion to a senior role
- Has a high standard of professional ethics
- Has or has had managerial responsibility (people, facilities or other resources)
- Can demonstrate initiative
- Displays leadership behaviours inside and outside of the workplace
- Is aged 21-32
- Has the support of their line manager (or equivalent)
There is no cost to enter. To enter simply go to the event website, click to ‘submit an entry’, tell us more about yourself, and upload a copy of your CV. You’ll need to provide contact information for a line manager or mentor who will endorse your entry, who we will contact if you are successful in being shortlisted as a finalist.
- 14 July 2023 – The closing date to submit entries.
- 31st July 2023 – Shortlisted candidates will be announced.
- 12th September 2023 – Finalists will be judged via Zoom.
- 19th September 2023 – Finalists with their line managers to attend the FMBE Trade Dinner at Haberdasher’s Hall
- 25th September 2023 – Winner will be announced
- January 2024 – Winner will receive the award at the Annual Banquet – Mansion house
- September 2024 – Winner will receive the Freedom of the Company at at FMBE Trade Dinner
For further information about the award please contact:
David Emanuel email@example.com
Agatha Le Moing (2023 winner)
Claire Cox (2020 winner), also taken at the Mansion House.
Liveryman Martin Pickard with Pattenmakers Young Manager 2018 Award winner Chantilly Cole, at the Mansion House in London.
David Sharp interview with Claire Cox.